Each year the Computer Refresh Program Committee determines a set of minimum support standards for computer systems on campus. Computers which fall below the minimum standards will not be supported.
Standards for the coming year are announced at the beginning of a computer refresh cycle to assist departments in selecting systems which need to be replaced. Departments then have approximately 5-6 months to replace systems before new minimum support standards are set.
Current Standards (effective 8/13/2019)
PC/Windows Minimum Standards
- Windows 10 (English Versions Only)
- 8 GB RAM recommended
- Desktop: Dell Optiplex 7010 manufactured after 2013 or equivalent
- Laptop: Dell Latitude E6430 or equivalent
- Microsoft Office 2016
Macintosh Minimum Standards
- Capable of running Mac OS X 10.14 (English Versions Only). MacBook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, and Mac Pro 2012 and newer; iMac Late 2012 and newer
- 8 GB RAM
- Desktop and Laptop: Intel Processor
- Microsoft Office 2019
The Help Desk maintains a list of browsers that are tested for compatibility with different programs. Please view Supported Browsers [PDF] for more information.
Printer Minimum Standards
- Must contain an internal network card
- Must print with toner instead of ink
- Must have current software drivers available for OS X 10.9 and Windows 7