Virtru Email Encryption
Virtru is an email and file encryption tool that will help you protect sensitive information shared in email messages. With Virtru, EMU users can send and read encrypted messages and attachments without ever leaving your inbox—and without your recipients downloading any software or creating any passwords.
In addition to its ease of use, it will also allow EMU to:
- EMU employee discusses confidential or sensitive information via email with another employee.
- An authorized EMU employee securely emails a file containing PII data to an approved vendor to meet contractual requirements.
- EMU employees authorized to handle sensitive data can collaborate securely with other employees, students or other stakeholders.
Please note: All Board of Regents and I.T. policies listed below are now available in EMU PolicyTech.
- EMU BOARD OF REGENTS POLICY 8.2 Access to Student Records
- EMU BOARD OF REGENTS POLICY 15.2 Information Technology Security and Confidentiality
- EMU I.T. POLICY 7.1 Statement of Confidentiality
- EMU I.T. POLICY: 7.3 Privacy and Monitoring of Electronically-Stored Records
- EMU I.T. POLICY 8.2 Acceptable Encryption
- EMU I.T. POLICY 8.10 Data Encryption
- EMU I.T. POLICY 8.11 Security Configuration Standards for non-IT Managed Systems
- EMU I.T. POLICY 8.15 Access Control
- EMU I.T. PROCEDURE 8.15.P.1 Access Control - DoIT Systems Privileged Access Request
- EMU I.T. PROCEDURE 8.15.P.2 Access Control - DoIT Systems Privileged Access Termination
- EMU I.T. PROCEDURE 8.15.P.3 Identification of Anomalous Login Activity
- EMU I.T. POLICY 8.16 Information Security Program
- More information about how to use Virtru.
The permitted (Yes), the not permitted (No), and those needing to contact I.T. (Contact I.T.) are listed in three columns in the matrix below.
- Attorney/Client Privilege
- I.T. Security Information
- Private Personal Information
- Student Educational Records (FERPA)
- Social Security Numbers
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)
- Other Sensitive University Data
- All Other Research Data
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Sensitive Human Subject Research
- Credit Card Information (PCI)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
Note: Don't see what you need? Email the I.T. Security Team at [email protected].