Note: To reset a forgotten password, you will need an alternate email address to receive a verification code. If you forgot your password and have never created an alternate email address, you will need to contact the Help Desk at 734.487.2120, or visit them at 106 Halle Library.
If you know your NetID username and password (NetID - formerly your My.Emich credentials,) you can create an alternate email address (not an EMU email address) in your account profile.
Perform the following steps to add an alternate email address to your account profile:
- Go to your emich account.
- Enter your NetID Username and Current Password and then click the Login button.
- Click the Update Profile button.
- Review the Update Profile window and check the I Agree checkbox and click the Continue button.
- Type your alternate email address (Not your EMU email address) in the Alt Email Address field and then click the Update button. Your alternate email address is used when you reset a forgotten password.
- Click the Continue button in the Success window.
- Click the Logout button in the Main Menu window.