- Computers returned through the Computer Refresh Program (CRP) that meet current minimum support standards are securely erased, re-imaged, and reallocated as cascade computers.
- Cascade computers are available for positions that are not eligible for the CRP. This includes student employees, GAs, or part-time employees (NOTE: position's salary must be paid through General or Auxiliary funds. Grant-funded positions are ineligible.)
Cascade computers are available for short-term and temporary departmental check-out machines (limited supply)
Research laboratory use for GA, part-time, and student employees
Cascade units will not be placed in classrooms or computer labs. They also cannot be used as a second computer for any employee.
- Cascades must be approved by the I.T. Director of User Services.
- Departments can request a cascade computer by completing the I.T. Help Desk Cascade Request Form [Go to the I.T. Service Portal main page. Click on Create Service Request. I.T. Help Desk Cascade Request is located under Hardware.]
- Computers returned through the CRP that do not meet current minimum support standards undergo secure erasure prior to being dispensed through the University's standard surplus procedure. For information on purchasing an obsolete computer system for HOME USE ONLY, visit Digital Inclusion's website.