Google Mail and Google Calendar are individual components in the Google Apps for Education bundle. Google Mail is the email service for students at EMU. All Faculty, staff and students can access Google Calendar.
- Student logs into Google Email at using their EMU Net ID username and password.
Please note: All Board of Regents and I.T. policies listed below are now available in EMU PolicyTech.
- EMU Board of Regents Policy, Electronic Communications 15.1
- EMU Board of Regents Policy, Information Technology Security and Confidentiality 15.2
- EMU I.T. Policy, Use of EMU Email for Official Correspondence 2.1
- EMU I.T. Policy, Acceptable Use 3.1
Using Google Mail/Calendar
The permitted (Yes), the not permitted (No), and those needing to contact I.T. (Contact I.T.) are listed in three columns in the matrix below.
- Attorney/Client Privilege
- I.T. Security Information
- Private Personal Information
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Other Sensitive University Data
- All Other Research Data
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Credit Card Information (PCI)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Sensitive Human Subject Research
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)
- Social Security Numbers
Note: Don't see what you need? Email the I.T. Security Team at [email protected].