Computer Refresh Program
About the CRP
- The Computer Refresh Committee selects the Dell and Apple computer models available in the CRP program. The committee is comprised of representatives from Faculty Senate, administrative offices, I.T., and campus technicians.
- Computers are replaced based on system age; I.T. notifies campus technicians and departments which faculty and staff members are eligible to participate.
- Computers returned through the CRP that meet current minimum support standards are securely erased, re-imaged, and reallocated as cascade computers to positions which are not eligible for the CRP.
- Departments are responsible for adding participants to their roster by filling out the Computer Refresh Program Add New Employee to Roster form.
- When a participant is eligible for a new computer, they will be contacted by either their campus technician or by their department. (View the CRP process for campus technicians or I.T. Help Desk)
- A participant may select a standard desktop or laptop computer at no cost to his/her department. Upgrade options are available at cost.
- Work-related files will be transferred to a participant's new computer upon request.
- A participant's existing computer system listed on the departmental roster must be returned to I.T. upon receipt of his/her new computer. (view Cascade Computers)
- Departments can purchase peripherals through the Apple or Dell educational store. See Purchasing a Computer for more information on placing an order.